RULES AND REGULATIONS
- The Market shall be known as the Plattsburgh Farmers and Crafters’ Market.
- The persons selling at the Market agree to abide by the following Rules and Regulations.
- The use of the Market is restricted to growers, craft persons, producers of homemade products or other vendors as approved by the Board of Directors.
- The days including the dates and times for the Market will be established annually by the Board of Directors. The members will be notified of the days with dates and times as this information will be publicized. All information in regard to the days which will include the dates and times will be duly recorded in the minutes of the meeting at which they are established.
- The Market will be open rain or shine. All members of the Market must help put up and take down signs if able. Set-up may begin 45 minutes prior to the Markets’ opening time, but there may not be any sales completed prior to the set and documented times designated. Vendors will stay until the closing time of the market unless they sell out or have notified the market manager prior to the day of the market.
- Each vendor will be responsible for all equipment and supplies for the set-up within their area (tables, scales, bags, signs, etc.)
- Daily and seasonal stall rental fees shall be established annually by the Board of Directors and recorded in the minutes of the meeting in which they were established. Such information shall also be provided annually on an information sheet for vendors, along with any other pertinent information relative to participation in the Market. All vendors must be in the building unless no other space is available.
- Each vendor requiring an electrical outlet for refrigeration or freezer will be charged $15 per plug.
- Membership – Membership may include one person or the immediate family selling at each designated spot.
- The Board must approve all vendors who request to become members following the application process.
- Selling spaces are 10ft. long by 8ft deep and are assigned to vendors by the Market Manager who will try to maintain a compact market while allowing for a variety of products in adjacent spaces.
- Non-seasonal vendors will be assigned to a space by the Market Manager as space permits. Groups and/or organizations (vendors) will be assigned to specific areas of the Market depending of space available by the Market Manager.
- Members do not have the right to sub-lease or rent their designated area.
- No political or religious items or handouts will be permitted on market property.
- All licenses, liability insurance, seals, permits, sales tax information and other identified requirements for the sale of any item shall be the responsibility of each individual vendor.
- Each vendor is responsible for keeping their market space free from refuse during Market hours. Empty containers and equipment shall be kept in an orderly manner and confined to the designated space allotted to each vendor. This is to be done in conjunction with requirements set forth by health authorities. It is the responsibility of each vendor to clean up their designated area after each Market has come to a close.
- Each vendor is responsible for removing their own trash
- Each vendor agrees that at any time a minimum of 50% of the products they are presenting for sale are produced by the vendor. Any exceptions to this rule must have prior Board of Directors approval.
- There will be no CSA pickups. All items need to be purchased on site.
- Each vendor agrees to make their stand and products offered for sale as attractive as possible. Displays of products facing walkways shall be arranged so as not to endanger the safety of the customers – a reasonable height off the ground or stacked high enough to avoid tripping over them. Product prices must be shown and those products not produced by the vendor must be labeled as such with their origin.
- All booths will be disassembled and placed against the wall at the end of the market season.
- Outside vendor set up will depend on parking lot availability.
- The Board of Directors shall select a Market Manager for the Market. The Market Manager’s duties shall include the assignment of vendor spaces and the general supervision of the Market as a whole. The Market Manager shall be responsible to the Board of Directors and shall report any violations of the Rules and Regulations to the Board in a timely manner.
- The Market Manager or designee shall collect the unpaid vendor rental lot fee at the Market and submit them to the Treasurer.
- The Market Manager or Treasurer shall provide receipts for all membership and lot rental fees to each vendor.
- Advertising of the Market shall be in the hands of the Advertising Committee and it shall advertise the Market for the benefit of all the members, as finances permit, and with the approval of the Board of Directors.
- The Market shall carry public Liability Insurance for the Market area. The insurance is to include Property Damage, Bodily Injury and Product Liability coverage to protect the members individually.
- A written accident/incident report must be filed by the Market Manager with the Board of Directors for each accident/incident.
- The above Rules and Regulations are to be enforced by the Board of Directors of the Market, who is responsible for the overall management of the Markets.
- The above Rules and Regulations are not to be a contradiction of the By-laws. If this should inadvertently happen, the By-laws will take precedence.
Our Market Dates & Times
Every Saturday from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
May 12th to October 12th, 2019
Wednesdays 10:00 am to 2:00 pm beginning June 26th to September 25th, 2019